How to apply for a Russian visa in the UK
How do I apply for a Russian visa in UK?
- It’s necessary to apply through an official visa center (VFS Global)
- You can apply only in person
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the proposed visa expiration date and it must have at least 2 blank pages facing one another
Beginning in 2014, Russian consulates in UK no longer accept visa applications directly. All documents must be submitted through the authorized visa center – VFS Global. VFS Global has offices in London, Edinburgh and Manchester. You can apply at an office only in person in order to submit your biometric data (fingerprints).
First step - selecting your visa type and reviewing the list of requested documents
Your first step is to decide your visa category and review the list of documents requested by the Consulate. For example, to apply for a tourist visa, the following documents are required:
1. Visa invitation. Visa invitations can be obtained from your hotel, a travel agency or you can order one on our website using the following link
2. Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas facing one another, valid for 6 months from the proposed visa expiration date.
3. Electronic Visa Application Form filled out on the official website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry. You can find a more detailed instruction on filling in this application form in our instruction.
4. One passport size (3.5 x 4.5 cm) photo
5. Copy of the data page of the passport.
6. Self-employed, company directors, working from home or unemployed applicants need to provide bank statements for the last three months which have a current balance of a minimum of £100 per day for the duration of the visit.
Second step - deciding how to apply for visa
You have two options here - either apply for visa via VFS Global or using our Full Visa Service.
Using this link, you may check the consular fees and service fees charged by VFS Global service.
Alternatively, you can use our company’s Full Visa Service and we will take care of all contact with the Consulate. In this case, you send your passport and documentation to our processing centre and we take care of the rest.