How to apply for a Russian visa in New Zealand
How do I apply for a Russian visa in New Zealand?
- It’s necessary to apply through the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Wellington
- You can apply in person or by mail
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the proposed visa expiration date and it must have at least 2 blank pages facing one another
You can apply at the Embassy directly or submit your documents by mail. If you choose to apply by mail, please enclose a self-addressed pre-paid return envelope of Courier Post or NZ Couriers . Otherwise, your visa will not be processed.
First step - selecting your visa type and reviewing the list of requested documents
Your first step is to decide your visa category and review the list of documents requested by the Consulate. For example, to apply for a tourist visa, the following documents are required:
1. Visa invitation. Visa invitations can be obtained from your hotel, a travel agency or you can order one on our website using the following link
2. Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas facing one another, valid for 6 months from the proposed visa expiration date.
3. Electronic Visa Application Form filled out on the official website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry. You can find a more detailed instruction on filling in this application form in our instruction.
4. One passport size (3.5 x 4.5 cm) photo
5. Copy of the data page of the passport.
Second step - applying for visa at the Consulate
Using this link, you may check the consular fees and processing times.
Please note that the payment can be made by a bank cheque payable to the Embassy of the Russian Federation or by a debit card. Cash and credit cards are not accepted.