How to apply for a Russian visa in Australia
How do I apply for a Russian visa in Australia?
- It’s necessary to apply through an official visa center (Interlink) or through a travel agency
- You can apply in person or by mail to the Interlink visa center
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the proposed visa expiration date and it must have at least 2 blank pages facing one another
Beginning in 2019, Russian consulates in Australia no longer accept visa applications directly. All documents must be submitted through the authorized visa center - Interlink Service. Interlink has offices in Canberra and Sydney. You can apply at an office directly or submit your documents by mail.
Your first step is to decide your visa category and review the list of documents requested by the Consulate. For example, to apply for a tourist visa, the following documents are required.
1. Visa invitation. Visa invitations can be obtained from your hotel, a travel agency or you can order one on our website using the following link
2. Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas facing one another, valid for 6 months from the proposed visa expiration date.
3. Copy of the data page of the passport.
4. Electronic Visa Application Form filled out on the official website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry. You can find a more detailed instruction on filling in this application form in our instruction
5. One passport size (3.5 x 4.5 cm) photo
You may check the consular fees and service fees charged by Interlink service here
Alternatively, you can use our company’s Full Visa Service and we will take care of all contact with the Consulate. In this case, you send your passport and documentation to our processing centre and we take care of the rest.