- On 25 Jun 2019
The Russian National Youth Organization "Russian Students' Teams" celebrate 60 years anniversary
The largest youth organization of Russia "Russian Students' Teams" provides temporary work placements to over 240 thousand young people from 74 regions. In addition, it is being engaged in civil and patriotic education, and in development of the sport and creative potential of young people. The 17th of February 2004, is considered to be the starting point of the modern students' teams movement, at that time, has been held All-Russia Students' Teams Forum in the State Kremlin Palace in Moscow. The Forum has been dedicated to the 45th anniversary of the movement.
The Students' Team - is a form of organization of the students from the educational institutions of middle and higher professional education, who have expressed a wish to work during time free from studies in various industries, and be engaged in the implementation of the shared production program and simultaneously be completing the socially valuable tasks. The teams are working in different niches: construction, education, agriculture, service sector, civil service, and in a trains' conductors' team.
The main tasks, which students are solving are:
- assistance in temporary or permanent employment of students and recent graduates;
- engagement of the youth during their study process in work activity;
- the patriotic education of the youth, the support, and development of movement's traditions, the cultural and socially valuable work in a public sector;
- cooperation in the development of the candidates' pool for various economic sectors of the Russian Federation
The "Students' Team" movement is developing for over half of a century, and, this year, celebrates the 60-year anniversary. During this time, through the Students' team school went approximately 18 million people.
In 20th century, the students' teams have been engaged in the most global and frontier national projects, such as nationwide students' construction project VAZ, BAM, KAMAZ, construction of the Sayano-Shushenskaya Hydroelectric Power Station, the creation of the oil and gas sector, the construction of various manufacturing enterprises, plants, electric power plants.
Contemporary Student's Teams maintain the best traditions of their ancestors and have considerable experience in the implementation of the infrastructure projects, such as:
- construction of the APEC Summit facilities - 2012 in Vladivostok;
- participation in the construction of the XXVII World Summer Universiade - 2013 in Kazan;
- construction of facilities for the XXII Olympic Winter Games and XI Paralympic Winter Games of 2014 in the city of Sochi;
- construction of infrastructure facilities of the Plesetsk and Vostochny cosmodromes;
- construction of electric grid and fuel and energy complex facilities, as well as Russian nuclear power engineering;
- construction of football stadiums, regional airports and other facilities that were built in preparation for the 2018 World Cup;
- construction of infrastructure facilities of the Bovanenkovskoye oil and gas condensate field in the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District.