Applying for a Russian visa is easy. Just follow the steps listed belowRussian visas can be applied for by the applicant directly at the Russian Consulate
How to apply for a Russian visa
Express to Russia is a non-Government based service.
Express to Russia and our sister company CR Tour is a non-governmental organization that is officially registered as a Russian tour operator and is officially authorized to issue Russian visa invitations (sometimes called a Russian visa voucher or Russian visa support), the document necessary for foreign travelers to apply for a Russian visa at their local Russian Consulate. It is impossible to apply for a Russian tourist visa without this document. Our fees are listed below and are based upon a service fee for the issuance of this visa invitation.
Russian visas can be applied for directly with the Russian Consulate. Express to Russia also acts as an expeditor and agent between our customers and the Russian Consulates in the US, UK and Canada, delivering visa applications to the Russian Consulate on behalf of our clients - please see our full visa support service for more information. This can save our customers time and money by alleviating the necessity for our customers to travel to the Russian Consulate themselves and to wait in long lines to apply.
- Processing Time: 5 - 12 Days for Full Visa Service, 1-3 days for Visa Invitations
- Fee: Consulate Fee and Service Fee for Full Visa Service, Service Fee only for issuance of Visa Invitations
- Support: Telephone, Email and Live Chat
After receiving your visa invitation or voucher, you should visit the website or contact the Russian Consulate in your country to learn how to submit your documents and apply for a Russian visa. Different countries have different rules. To find out the telephone numbers and addresses of the Russian Consulate closest to you, please visit http://www.mid.ru/zu_r.nsf/strawebeng
Some Russian Consulates will request the original of the visa invitation instead of a copy. This is frequently the practice for business visas, however often business visas invitation can be sent electronically directly to the Russian Consulate.
If you discover that the original invitation or voucher is required by the Russian Consulate, please tell us and we will send it to you by express post. We require that express postage be paid by the customer.
Usual requirements for applying for a Russian visa for NON-US CITIZENS are written below:
- Russian visa application form for non-US citizens (citizens of all other countries) (PDF),
- Original passport with expiration date at least 6 months beyond the end of the visa expiration date. You must have 2 free / clean pages (no stamps or marks on these 2 pages) in the passport to which the visa will be inserted - they should be side by side
- 3 passport size photos
- Consular visa processing fee payable to the Russian Consulate by cashiers check or money order
- Cover letter (doc)
- You can usually submit your application in person at the Russian Consulate closest to your home. Different countries have different rules. To find out the telephone numbers and addresses of the Russian Consulate closest to you and additional information on your country's application process, please visit http://www.mid.ru/zu_r.nsf/strawebeng
- For UK and Canadian citizens: If you cannot submit the documents in person, you may use a third party agency to submit the documents on your behalf. Our company also offers this option under the name full visa service. This is where you send your passport and other documentation to our processing center and we obtain the Russian visa for you. To learn more about this option, please visit the Full Visa Service page. You may also use other agencies for this process.
- For business visas only, if you plan to stay in Russia for more than 3 months a HIV test is required (please contact the nearest Russian Consulate or Embassy or review its web site for further information)
Requirements for applying for a Russian visa for US CITIZENS
- A completed visa application form (one per person) with one professional passport-size photo glued to the appropriate space of the form. Applicants should complete Visa application on-line and print it out on the web-site: https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.aspx. Please note that any other application forms are not acceptable.
- A valid passport (original) and a copy of its vital pages with bearer's personal data, passport validity extension, the bearer's name change, etc. Passport must be valid for six months beyond the visa expiration date and contain at least two blank pages marked "visas", otherwise the passport and documents will not be accepted.
- 1-2 Passport size photos
- Confirmation of the hotel reservation, a contract for provision of tourist services, confirmation of reception of the tourist. The above mentioned documents shall have register number from the Uniform Federal Register of the Tour Operators of the Russian Federal Tourism Agency and the seal of the host organization.
- You may submit your application in person at the Russian Consulate closest to your home. For more information on applying and hours of the Russian Consulate closest to you, please visit the official Russian Consulate website
- If you cannot submit the documents in person, you may use a third party agency to submit the documents on your behalf. Our company also offers this option under the name full visa service. This is where you send your passport and other documentation to our processing center and we obtain the Russian visa for you. To learn more about this option, please visit the Full Visa Service page. You may also use other agencies for this process.
- A foreign citizen (and non US citizen) can obtain a visa to Russia ONLY in the country of his/her citizenship. Exceptions include those who have a residence permit for a foreign country for the period more than 90 days. US citizens can apply for Russian visa in any Russian Consulate in any country.
- A multiple entry business visa allows nationals of all countries to stay in Russia up to 90 days out of the period of 180 days.
- US citizens can apply to 3 year multiple entry visa that allows to stay in Russia not more than 6 months. You can order 3 year multiple entry visa here clicking at the required tab on your left: http://expresstorussia.visaheadquarters.com/visa_info.php?id=172&ctz=214&loc=214
Russian law requires that travelers register their visas if they are staying in Russia for more than 7 business days. If travelers are staying in Russia more than 7 business days they should apply for the registration immediately upon arrival. Travelers who do not have their visas registered are required to pay fines when they attempt to exit Russia or if they are stopped by police in the street.
- If you are staying in a hotel, the hotel will register your visa.
- If you are staying in an apartment you will have to apply to a local migration department (OVIR) to have your visa registered.
Express to Russia is also available to answer all of your questions regarding Russian visa invitations. Please contact us. To see the answers to the most frequently asked questions, please consult our FAQ page.
Please note due to licensing issues Express to Russia cannot issue Russian visa support to citizens of the following countries: Afganistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua & Barbuda, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Beliz, Benin, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bonaire, Botswana, Brunei, Burkina-Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Channel Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Cuba, Curacao, D R Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, HongKong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea PDR, Kuwait, Kyrghyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesoto, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Madagascar, Malavi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marocco, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles Islands, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Somali, Sri-Lanka, Sudan, Surinam, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe